Join Rotary E-Club of the South
The purpose of Rotary E-Club of the South, of District 6910 is to extend Rotary to business, professional and community leaders in any Rotary District who are unable to meet traditional attendance requirements.
Inability to attend a traditional Rotary club could be the result of demanding business or professional commitments, extensive travel, confinement due to ill health or disability, or residence beyond reasonable distance from an existing Rotary club.
To be a member of the Rotary E-Club of the South means:
- You live or do business in ANY Rotary District in any country of the Rotary world.
- You are a contributor to society in your profession, occupation, industry, business, or community role.
- You are committed to the personal ethic of Service Above Self, The Four-Way Test, and support the Object of Rotary.
- You are willing to participate regularly in the Rotary E-Club of the South community and, as appropriate and feasible, you are willing to accept tasks and responsibilities. Rotary International guidelines state that you must attend at least 4 meetings a month. Since we do not have any regular meetings, you are asked to participate in the weekly forums at least twice a month. Our website will house material for your viewing and our club secretary will send keep attendance records.
- You accept that all club programs, forums, business, and communications are conducted in English.
- You are willing to make financial contributions to support club projects, the District Foundation and The Rotary Foundation.
- You are prepared to pay current dues of US $200/annual to support the operating costs of Rotary International, Rotary District 6910, and Rotary E-Club of the South. (New members pay a one-time initiation fee of US $100. New Generation members and those who are former Rotaractors.)
- You accept that, for the purpose of Rotary administration, you will be considered a member in good standing of District 6910, Atlanta, GA USA, although residing in a State or Province of your own country.
- You have regular access to the Internet and are willing to acquire the necessary skills to participate in the activities of Rotary E-Club of the South.
- You must report service and meeting hours each month. The minimum requirement is 12 hours per quarter which is equivalent to 1 hour per week. Our club secretary will keep track of attendance.
- You are to never allow anyone to enter the Club House either by giving your password or sharing your computer. This would breach the confidentiality laws in the United States and some other countries.
Membership in Rotary E-Club of the South is not an "easy" option. Requirements for admission to any Rotary club are stringent. For current Rotarians, Rotary E-Club of the South adds additional requirements including, written references from club president, and three (3) current Rotarians who will vouch for the applicant. Our rigorous screening of applicants is a necessary first step to ensure excellence.
Do you believe these membership requirements can be part of your future? If so, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us below and we will reach out to discuss our process and send over an application.